Why study at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
- Pioneer of Business Chinese Course
As the oldest and best financial university in China, business is a core part of the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. In 2004, we were the first university in Shanghai to set up a Business Chinese course and we are always working to make it even better. Even today, we are still one of the very few universities in Shanghai to offer specialized Business Chinese classes to international students.
- Great Location
Our Zhongshan Beiyi Road campus is located in the vibrant Hongkou District, in the north-east of Shanghai. It’s only 2 minutes’ walk to Chifeng Road station (Metro Line 3), and a short walk to the Hongkou Football Stadium and the social hotspot that is Hongkou Plaza. It is also very close to North Sichuan Road and the heart of the city center, People’s Square.
To find our campus on the map, please find us on Google Map& Baidu Map.
Want to take a look of our campus?
- Excellent Teaching Quality
Our teachers are all extremely well-educated and friendly professional with PhD and Master Degrees from top universities in China and abroad. Most of our teachers have overseas Chinese-teaching experience, and have specialized in teaching the Chinese language for years. They are very friendly and willing to engage with students, and often become good friends with their international students.
- Chinese Language National Research and Test Center
In 2010, the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban) set up Teaching and Resources Exploitation Base of International Business Chinese (Shanghai)” at SUFE, which is one of the 19 Chinese language research centers in China.
SUFE is also one of the official HSK test centers in Shanghai. We organize several tutorial courses for the HSK tests and accept test applications in our office.
The objective of our Chinese courses is to improve our international students’ Chinese language listening, reading skills, speaking and writing skills. Throughout the semesters, a range of perse cultural and entertainment activities are also offered to students beyond the classroom teaching.
1 semester/1 year
Jan.15th for spring semester;
July 30th for fall semester
Foreigner; 18 to 60 years old; good physical health
Class size is…
about 10-20 students per class
Be grouped into level…
Preliminary level; Beginning level;
Intermediate level; Advanced level
415RMB as application fee;
9,000RMB for one semester (half a year)
Chinese Cultural Courses and Tours
Chinese culture is famous world-wide for being charming, ancient and mysterious. To help increase our international students’ interest in China and the Chinese language, we offer several optional cultural courses as well as some Chinese heritage site tours every semester. These extra activities include:
- Tai Chi Kong Fu
- Chinese calligraphy
- Chinese traditional music instrument
- Beijing Opera
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Tour to other cities (such as Hangzhou, Beijing, Xi'an, etc.)
- And more
2018 Spring Term Timetable (16 weeks in total)
|22nd of February (Thur.)|
Orientation and visa issue
23rd-24th of February
5th of April : Qingming Festival
1st of May : Labour Day
18th of June : Dragon Boat Festival
26th of February – 15th of June (16 weeks)
19th-21st of June, 2018
22nd of June (Fri.)
Registration for next term
Accommodation on Campus
90 RMB/Day/People (less than 90 days)
60 R/D/P (more than 90 days)
60 R/D/P (less than 90 days)
40 R/D/P (more than 90 days)
Washing machine, dryer, induction cooker, microwave oven
|TV, air conditioner, telephone, bathroom, shower, safe,
internet cable (250 - 300 RMB/6-month)
How to Apply?
1. Prepare your application materials:
1) Application Form for Enrolment - Non-degree (PDF version, WORD version)
2) Photocopy of valid passport
3) Application fee: 415 RMB (or the proof/invoice of remittance)
2. Apply online, after then please print out the signed application form and send all your application materials by email, post or hand to our office directly..
3. Pay the application fee via bank transfer, cash or Union Pay card.
4. Receive the Admission Notice and the form of Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) when you are accepted.
5. Apply for X1 or X2 visa in the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country with the Admission Notice and the Form of Visa Application for study in China.
6. Register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China
Tel : +86-(0)21-6536-1944
Fax : +86-(0)21-6536-1958