For our international students who are not interested in seeking degrees at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, we offer the opportunity to learn selected Master’s and Doctoral degree courses for one or two semesters by participating in our General Advanced Program or Senior Advanced Program. After you finish your studies at SUFE, we will offer you a transcript and studying certificate.
1) General Advanced Program:
In the General Advanced Program, you can choose Chinese language and cultural courses in the International Cultural Exchange School of SUFE. All courses will be taught in Chinese.
2) Senior Advanced Program:
In the Senior Advanced Program, you can choose some subjects from Master’s and Doctoral programs, with a maximum of 8 credits per semester.
English-given Majors: Finance (Master's program), International Business (Master's program), LL.M (Master's program), Law and Finance (Doctoral Program)
Information about other Chinese-given Master’s degree and Doctoral degree majors at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics can be found at the following websites (only Chinese versions available):
- Master’s Program
- Doctoral Program
1 semester or 2 semesters (1 year)
Starts in September or February
- Spring Semester: Dec. 30th (Feb. enrollment)
- Fall Semester: June 30th (Sept. enrollment)
1) International applicants must be between the age of 18 and 60 and be in good physical health (in order to pass the visa health check).
2) General Advanced Program: possess a high school graduate or above
3) Senior Advanced Program: possess a bachelor degree or above
1) Application Form for Enrollment (Non-degree Program)
2) One Photocopy of a valid passport.
3) One photocopy of your senior high school or bachelor diploma (or a notarized copy) in English or Chinese.
4) Application fee: 415RMB (or the proof/invoice of remittance).
2) Union Pay Card
3) Bank Transfer
1) The application materials and registration fee should be submitted to the International Cultural Exchange School (ICES) of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE) before the application deadline. Applicants can do so by post, email, through our online application system, or directly to our office.
2) Admission Notice and the Form of Visa Application (JW202) for Study in China will be sent to the accepted applicants.
3) The applicants must go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home country with the Admission Notice and the Form of Visa Application for study in China to apply for a student visa.
4) Students must register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
- Spring Semester: February
- Fall Semester: September
The exact registration/admission date will be announced in the Admission Notice.
- General Advanced Program: 21,000 RMB /Year (10,500 RMB/semester)
- Senior Advanced Program:
1) Master’s Degree courses: 12,000 - 15,000 RMB/semester
2) Master’s Degree courses (English-taught):
International Business: 50,000 RMB/Year (25,000 RMB/semester)
Finance: 50,000 RMB/Year (25,000 RMB/semester)
LL.M (Master of Law): 70,000 RMB/Year (35,000 RMB/semester)
3) Ph.D Degree course (English-taught):
Law and Finance: 40,000 RMB/Year (20,000 RMB/semester)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China