2019 Chinese University Postgraduate Program Scholarship
Chinese University Postgraduate Program Scholarship, funded by the Chinese government, is a full-coverage scholarship designed for Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to enroll outstanding international students in English-given master’s programs and PhD programs.
|English-taught Master programs|
1) MBA (Master of Business Administration)
3) LL.M. (Master of Laws)
4) International Finance and Regional Cooperation
5) MPA (Master of Public Administration)
|English-taught PhD programs||Economical law|
Master's students for no more than 2 academic years. PhD students for no more than 3 academic years.
*Please see the program duration stated in the Admission Notice.
3. Scholarship Coverage
This program provides a full-coverage scholarship that grants a tuition waiver, free on-campus accommodation, monthly living allowance and comprehensive insurance.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Education background & age
Master's program applicants should be under the age of 35 with a completed a bachelor's degree before 1st September 2019.
PhD degree applicants should be under the age of 40 with a completed a master's degree before 1st September2019.
We will consider applications from 1st March 2019 to 30th March 2019.
-Complete the online application at Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click "Application Online" to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy.
*The Agency Number of SUFE is 10272.
- Submit the supporting documents by post before March 30th 2019.
Supporting Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
*The application form should be completed and printed out from the online system
2. Copy of final diploma and degree certified and translated (if documents are not in English or Chinese) by an authorized person
*Applicants who will graduate in 2019 must submit a copy of official document issued by your current university to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
3. Copy of academic transcripts certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
4. Study Plan or Research Proposal
It should be a minimum of 800 words written in English or Chinese.
5. Two reference letters of academic or professional nature
Applicants must submit two reference letters written by professors/associate professors in Chinese or English.
6. Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
*The form is considered valid only when meeting all the requirements as follows:
written in English, with information completed, the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, and a sealed photograph of the applicant.
*Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule, as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. A copy of language proficiency certificate
Applicants should offer certificate for TOFEL (minimum score of 550 for paper-based test, or 80 for the internet-based test) or IELTS (academic module overall band score minimum of 6.5).
8. Copy of identification of your passport
The passport should be valid beyond 30th September 2019.
All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order above. (Each applicant should submit TWO sets of bound documents.)
All the documents, once submitted, are not refundable.
All the documents should be authentic and completed, otherwise the applicants are considered unqualified.
1. SUFE reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates. Applicants may be asked to take an interview (face to face / online).
2. The Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, and decides the scholarship winners.
3. SUFE will send the admission package (Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship winners after getting the approval from CSC.
SUFE do not charge application fee for 2019 Chinese University Graduate Program Scholarship.
The CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship winners with multiple offers. Each scholarship winner—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
Only nominated candidates with approval of the CSC will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China.
Scholarship winners shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship winners fail to register before the registration deadline.
As for those who are studying China now and will gradute in June 2019, please consult and submit the scholarship application to the China embassy or consulate in your home country.
Room 102, Admission Office, ICES SUFE
No.369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai (200083), China