2020 English-given Master Program Application Guide
Application & Admission
When to Apply
Applications can be received from 1st January 2020 for entry in September 2020. We will consider applications up to 30th March 2020 for entry in September 2020
How to Apply
1. Register and submit application online.
Application must be made online at http://ao.sufe.edu.cn/.
Online application will be available from 1st January 2020 to 30th March 2020
2. Print out and sign on the completed application form from the online system.
3. Remit application fee (1660 RMB).
Only bank transfer is accepted and the application fee is not refundable.
4. Submit the supporting documents.
Please mail or hand in directly to the Admission Office by the application deadline (mailing date considered as submission date).
An applicant himself or asking someone else to dropping by and submitting the documents at the Admission Office should come between 8am to 5pm on workdays.
5. Check the application feedback in case other supplementary documents are needed.
6. Take entrance examination
Applicants need to take the entrance examination in April 2020. The subjects are written exams and interview while some applicants only need to take interview. The Admission Office will inform the applicants of the details for entrance examination.
1. One original application form completed with the applicant’s signature.
The application form should be printed out from the online system.
2. One copy of final diploma and degree certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
Applicants who will graduate in 2020 need to submit one original pre-graduation certificate.
3. One copy of academic transcript certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
4. One copy of language proficiency certificate and transcript.
English-taught programs applicants need to provide certificate and transcript for TOEFL (minimum score of 550 for paper-based test, or 80 for internet-based test) or IELTS (academic module overall band score minimum of 6.5).
5. One piece of personal statement in English or Chinese.
It should be 1000 words in maximum including the applicant’s education and working experience, study plan, research findings, etc.
6. Two reference letters of academic or professional nature.
Applicants must submit two reference letters written by professors/associate professors in Chinese or English.
7. One copy of remittance note for application fee.
8. One copy of identification of passport (valid beyond 30th January 2021).
9. Others (optional): certificates recognizing awards, merits.
* All the documents and tuition fee, once submitted, are not refundable.
* All the original certificates will be checked during registration.
* The Admission Office will look for evidence that the predicted qualification is realistic. If any falsehood in found, the opportunity of enrollment will be cancelled.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
When we receive your application, the Admission Office will endeavor to deal with your application as promptly and efficiently as possible within 30 days.
Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all the information supplied, in assessing your applications the Admission Office is looking for:
-Evidence that you meet the general entry requirements
-Evidence that you have the correct and relevant qualifications for the program and your predicted grades are close to the entry requirements
-Evidence that you have an interest in the subject for which you applied form your personal statement and your reference
-Evidence from your reference that your predicted grades are realistic
Enquiry of Qualified Candidates Name List
The Admission Office will evaluate the applicants according to their performance in the entrance examination and release name list of qualified candidates for 2020 fall entry on the website at http://ices.sufe.edu.cn.
Applicants can check the name list from 8th May 2020. The Admission Office will inform qualified candidates by phone or e-mail.
Phone inquiries are not accepted.
Getting the Admission Package
The admission package will be sent out from 25th May 2020. Qualified candidates will get an admission notice, a visa application form (JW202 form), and a registration guide.
Please clearly indicate your contact information (address, phone number) and way of receiving the admission package before submitting your application online (See step 1 for application).
Admission Office ICES-SUFE,
No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, P. R. China
Follow us on WeChat