2020 Shanghai Government Scholarship
1. Supporting Categories: This scholarship only supports Chinese-taught undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
2. Duration: bachelor students for no more than 4 academic years; master’s students for no more than 2/3 academic years; PhD no more than 4 academic years.
* Please see the program duration stated in the Admission Notice.
3. Scholarship Coverage:
Type A (for postgraduate programs)
A tuition waiver, free on-campus accommodation, monthly living allowance (master 3000 RMB/month, PhD 3500 RMB/month) and comprehensive insurance.
Type B (for undergraduate programs)
A tuition waiver, comprehensive insurance.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Education Background & Age
Bachelor’s program applicants should be at least 18 years old with a completed high school diploma by 1st September 2020.
Master’s program applicants should be under the age of 35 with a completed a bachelor’s degree by 1st September 2020.
PhD degree applicants should be under the age of 40 with a completed a master’s degree by 1st September 2020.
3.Language proficiency: new HSK 5 level (scored at least 180)
We will consider applications from 1st January 2020 to 30th March 2020.
Step 1 - Submit the scholarship application on http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/, print out the scholarship application form and sign on it.
Step 2 - Submit the program application on http://ao.sufe.edu.cn, print out the degree program application form and sign on it.
Step 3 - Present the supporting documents to the Admission Office at ICES SUFE.
Please mail or hand in directly to the Admission Office by the application deadline (mailing date considered as submission date).
An applicant himself or asking someone else to dropping by and submitting the documents at the Admission Office should come between 8am to 5pm on workdays.
*Application must be made online.
*Only the documents in hardcopy are accepted.
1. One original copy of Application Form for Shanghai Government Scholarship
* The application form should be printed out from the online system and completed with the applicant’s signature (See Step 1).
2. One original copy of Application Form for Degree Program.
*The application form should be printed out from the online system and completed with the applicant’s signature (See Step 2).
3. One copy of bachelor or master diploma and degree certificate (for Type A) / senior high school diploma (for Type B) certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
*Applicants who will graduate in 2020 need to submit one original pre-graduation certificate.
4. One copy of final academic transcript certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
5. One copy of HSK certificate and transcript.
6. One personal statement in English or Chinese.
*It should include the applicant’s education and working experience, study plan, research findings (for Type A only) and 1000 words in maximum.
7. One letter of reference (for Type B, written by high school teacher)/ two letters of reference (for Type A, written by professors or associate professors) in English or Chinese.
8. One copy of remittance note for application fee (415 RMB/person for undergraduate programs; 830 RMB/person for postgraduate programs).
*Only bank transfer is accepted and the application fee is not refundable.
9. One copy of identification of passport (valid beyond 30th January 2021).
10. An applicant who has immigrated from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to another country should also submit one copy of certificate of naturalization, canceling the formal household registration in China, continuous residence in the current country for at least two years in the past four years. All the documents should be certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
11 Others (optional): certificates recognizing awards, merits.
*Other documents, when needed, may be required.
*All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order above and submitted before 30th March 2020.
*All the documents and application fee, once submitted, are not refundable.
*The Admission Office will look for evidence for predicted qualification is realistic. If any falsehood is found, the opportunity of enrollment will be cancelled.
*Shanghai Government Scholarship awardees are selected from those who are qualified and admitted to the degree programs in SUFE. Undergraduate program applicants with written examination exemption are not considered as the scholarship candidates, please refer to 2020 Undergraduate Program（Entrance Exam)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
Room 102, Admission Office, ICES SUFE
No.369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai (200083), China