2021 Chinese-given Master Program Profile&Application Guide
- Public Finance
- Investment Economics
- Social Welfare
- Real Estate Economics
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Master of International Business
- Master of Finance
- Master of Applied Statistics
- Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
* All the degrees are recognized by the Ministry of Education of People's Republic of China.
* For more details about Chinese-given master's programs, please contact Admission Office (email@example.com).
-General: 18-45 years old, in good health with valid passport.
-Academic qualification: Applicants must have received, or expect to receive by the summer before their matriculation at SUFE in September 2021, a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
-Language Proficiency: new HSK level 5 (scored at least 180)
2 years (full-time)
- Academic Degree : 34,000 RMB /Year (17,000 RMB/semester)
- Professional Degree: 50,000 RMB/Year (25,000 RMB/semester)
* Textbook fees not included.
Applications can be received from 1st January 2021 for entry in September 2021. We will consider applications up to 30th March 2021 for entry in September 2021.
How to Apply
1. Remit the unrefundable application fee (830RMB).
Only bank transfer is accepted. Please check the bank info below.
SHANGHAI UNIVERSITY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
BANK OF CHINA SHANGHAI BRANCH
BANK OF CHINA TOWER, 200 MID YINCHENG ROAD SHANGHAI 200120, THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
2. Register and submit application online
Application must be made online at http://ao.sufe.edu.cn.
Online application will be available from 1st January 2021 to 30th March 2021.
3. Check the application feedback in case other supplementary documents are needed.
To access the most up to date information available, you should use the same username and password you used to create your online application. Some programs may provide status update via email during the review process. Please do remember to check regularly the email box with which you register for an account at http://ao.sufe.edu.cn.
Supporting Documents (Scan and upload in the application portal. Paper documents are not required during the application process.)
1. Bachelor (or above) diploma and degree certified (and translated if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
* Applicants who will graduate in 2021 need to submit a pre-graduation certificate.
2. Academic transcript (for all the courses taken for the highest education) certified (and translated if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
3. HSK certificate and transcript.
4. One piece of personal statement in English or Chinese.
It should be 1000 words in maximum including the applicant's education and working experience, study plan, research findings, etc.
5. Letters of reference.
Two academic references are required, of which one professional reference is acceptable.
It should be recent, dated, in English/Chinese, on letter-headed paper and with referee's (professor or associate professor) contact details.
6. Application fee payment certificate.
7. Passport identification page (valid beyond 30th January 2022).
8. Others (optional): certificates recognizing awards, merits.
* The Admission Office will look for evidence for predicted qualification is realistic.
* All the original documents/certificates will be checked during registration in 2021 September. If any falsehood is found, SUFE reserves the right to revoke admission.
When we receive your application, the Admission Office will endeavor to deal with your application as promptly and efficiently as possible within 30 days.
Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all the information supplied. In assessing your applications the Admission Office is looking for:
-Evidence that you meet the general entry requirements
-Evidence that you have the correct and relevant qualifications for the program
-Evidence that you have an interest in the subject for which you applied from your personal statement and letters of reference
-Evidence from your reference that your predicted grades are realistic
Applicants need to take the entrance examination (evaluative interview in most cases) in April 2021. The Admission Office will inform the applicants of the entrance examination arrangement via email. You will be evaluated by the Admission Office as well as the individual department in which you intend to register for your prior performance and academic potential.
View the Admission Decision
Admission decision is made on the basis of the applicants' academic accomplishment, personal qualities and other factors, as evidenced by their academic records, letters of recommendation, and entrance exam. In general, program admission decisions are made after the middle of May 2021. Applicants can check the admission decision through the online application portal http://ao.sufe.edu.cn.
* Phone inquiries are not accepted.
Confirm the Enrollment
If admitted, you will be able to submit your enrollment decision via the online application portal within 2 weeks after the admission result is released.
* Those who do not confirm the enrollment online will be considered rejecting SUFE's offer and will not receive the admission package.
Getting Your Admission Package
The admission package will be sent out from middle June 2021. Qualified candidates will get an admission notice, a visa application form (JW202 form), and a registration guide.
* Please clearly indicate your contact information (address, phone number) and way of receiving the admission package before submitting your application online (Step 2 in How to Apply).
Shanghai Government Scholarship (Type A)
2. Comprehensive medical insurance
3. On-campus accommodation
4. Monthly living allowance (3,000 RMB/month)
When to Apply
1st January 2021- 30th March 2021
How to Apply
1. Submit the program application on http://ao.sufe.edu.cn
2. Submit the scholarship application on http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/
* Application must be made online.
Name list of Shanghai Government Scholarship winners will be released on the website at http://ices.sufe.edu.cn in middle May 2021.
More details about Shanghai Government Scholarship, please see Home-Admission- Scholarship for freshmen at http://ices.sufe.edu.cn
Room 102, Admission Office, ICES SUFE
No.369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai (200083), China
* All the time/date above are Beijing time.
* The fees are in RMB.
* Admission Office, ICES SUFE reserves the right of final explanation for the information aforementioned.